It’s been revealed that around 186,000 NSW residents were exposed in a Service NSW data breach in April, that saw some 3.8 million documents stolen by cybercriminals.
More broadly, Australia is seeing a continued rise in cyber breaches, and has been recently ranked the sixth most targeted country in the world for major cybersecurity attacks.
“Malicious cyber activity is increasing in frequency, scale, in sophistication and in its impact. It’s vital that all Australian organisations are alert to this threat and take steps to protect their own networks.”
Linda Reynolds, Australian Minister for Defence
To explore these issues, join our upcoming 1 hour webinar when Michael Wilson will ask our senior security experts, Evan Davies and Ben Delamotte, to share their knowledge of current threats and the impact they can have on business continuity. They’ll explain the simple solutions available to mitigate these risks, and will be available for your questions at the end of the session.
Attendance is free and open to clients and the public, though our events are tailored towards leaders of small-to-medium enterprise and not-for-profits. One attendee had this to say following a recent event:
“The value-added awareness the event provided on cybercrime was significant, let alone information about the back office systems now available to combat this growing trend.”
Peter Grimmond – Assets Manager, Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service
- The key security risks we are seeing in the current environment
- Cybersecurity frameworks including the best practice NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Who is responsible for the data your business collects?
- How to achieve the right level of security for your business.
Our host and guest speakers have more than 50 years’ combined experience delivering technology solutions for organisations Australia-wide. Here’s more on our guest speakers:
- Evan Davies – Director, Senior Security Engineer. A highly experienced network design and implementation engineer, Evan has more than 25 years’ experience in the IT industry. He has a passion for innovating and creating in both business and technology. Evan specialises in helping our clients leverage emerging technologies to improve their businesses.
- Ben Delamotte – IT Technical Lead. With more than 16 years’ experience in the IT industry, Ben has a wealth of knowledge across a wide range of technology, products and solutions. His experience is backed by relevant qualifications and certifications.
Free Dark Web ID Scan and Security Checklist
Complimentary for attendees, we’ll run a Dark Web ID Scan on your organisation’s domain prior to the event and provide you with the resulting report, along with our 15 Point Security Checklist.
Dark Web ID Scans help identify instances where a user’s email address, username or password has been stolen and published on the Dark Web. When this occurs, it represents an increase in the threat level to an organisation.
Register to Attend
Enter your details below to register to attend our event on 4 November 2020 at 12.30 pm and we’ll be in touch with the details shortly.