So the new generation iPhone, the iPhone X, has been announced but is it worth upgrading from your existing phone?
We have a look at some of the new features to see if it is worthwhile. While the announced iPhone 8 and 8 Plus don’t look too different from previous generations they do get most of the upgrades too, the iPhone X, however, looks and is a completely new phone.
- OLED edge-to-edge retina screen. The iPhone X sports the largest ever iPhone screen on a device that is smaller than the iPhone Plus.
- Wireless charging. iPhone X and iPhone 8/+ are the only iPhones that support wireless charging via the AirPower mat which will be released in 2018.
- New camera. Faster 12MP cameras with wide-angle and telephone cameras. For the first time on an iPhone, optical zoom capability.
- Face ID. With no home button or fingerprint sensor, the iPhone unlocks with facial recognition. Face ID is secure enough to be used to authenticate payments like Apple Pay.
- Speed. The iPhone X has the CPU power of a new MacBook and is significantly faster than it’s major competitors – Samsung Galaxy S8 and Note8.
As a package of features, there is enough there for many people to consider the upgrading to one of the new iPhones, particularly those who are still carrying an iPhone 6s or earlier. If you’d like to talk to us more about the iPhone X and how you can get your hands on one, please get in touch! Our mobiles team will be more than happy to help.